Using Your Spritz Cookie Press
Spritz Cookies Recipe Demonstration
Cookie Press Buyers’ Guide
A cookie press is one of the most comfortable kitchen devices which helps you make cookies with the cutest shapes. The results are so delightful you will feel yourself a professional cook. The presses are usually composed of a cylinder with a presser mechanism. Most of the cookie presses are manual in use, but you can also find electrical ones in the market. These presses are fitted with a metal die-cut disc with different designs. Whenever you buy a cookie press, it usually comes with several platters of different shapes. There are some cookie presses with a form of clover, flower, snowflake, or any other geometrical design. It is a handy device for culinary; however, you should keep in mind to not use cookie press for a dough recipe that is not suitable for extruding.
It takes a little practice to use a cookie press like a pro. From first glance, you may think it is very simple, but there are a lot of details you will need to practice on.
Use cookie press recipes
For making a tasty dough, there are a lot of methods which you may find attractive. For instance, mixing nuts or chocolate chips; however, the right consistency of the dough is a must for being able to make a cookie with a press, so make sure to use the right ingredients.
Don’t put oil on your baking sheet
The right way for the pressed dough to adhere is to have a bare baking sheet. So, avoid greasing your baking paper to get a good result.
Remove air from a cookie press and then press it!
Right from the start, press a little to bring the dough closer to the disc. Now you are ready to press it to the baking sheet!
The spritz cookies are dense and not airy at all. The ingredients you may need for making a spritz cookie are:
– Butter, flour, eggs, and soda.
– A bowl.
– A cooking press.
– Baking sheet.
– Decorative features like sprinkles, melted chocolate, etc.
1. First of all, You will need to preheat the oven.
2. Mix the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes until it is smooth. Add eggs, vanilla extract, or almond extract and mix it for about 1 minute with high speed.
3. Use the cookie press after the dough is ready. It is desired to press out cookies for about 5 cm apart from each other.
4. Cool it in the fridge.
5. Bake for 7-9 minutes until you see the edges become light brown.
6. As you remove cookies from oven and let it cool and put them in an airtight container.
7. Your cookies are now ready to be served!
Kitchen tools price updated on 2020-01-19 / Disclaimer: as an Amazon Associate a Skillet Director team earns from qualifying purchases.