If you search the web intending to find the best cheese wire, you will definitely find lots of products in online stores.
The modern life is so hectic that we have no time almost for anything! We drink strong coffee on the go, take our kids to school, run to a 9-5 job and come home exhausted in the evening. Who has time for cooking in this bustling world? Even preparing sandwiches involves lots of hustle! Slicing ham, salami and especially cheese might be frustrating if you lack high-quality kitchen utensils. Having that in mind, we prepared a review of the 7 best cheese slicers that will definitely win your hearts and minds.
Being equipped with such a wide product range, it is easy to get lost and choose the wrong product. Thus, we took an unbiased approach to this article and shortlisted a set of best cheese slicers to save your time and energy. So, here we go!
Fox Run Marble Cheese Slicer
|Material||stainless steel, marble|
|Type||cheese slicer kit|
This cheese slicer is made from high-quality marble, which attracts most of the buyers with its appealing design and elegant look. On the one hand, such kitchen utensils can become beautiful accessories for your kits since they will complement any design. On the other hand, you should be careful in usage with such device. They are vulnerable to rough materials and sudden movements.
The primary benefit of marble is that it does not absorb moisture, which means your products won’t get damaged or spoiled. The cheese wire is made from high-quality stainless steel that protects the device from corrosion and other problems. Furthermore, many chefs consider marble slicers to be the best ones on the market since it keeps the room temperature for a long time. Such utensils can be used to roll pasta or even to make dough for pizza.
Fox Run pros:
- The cheese slicer has an elegant design, so you can use it to complement the design of your kitchen.
- The device absorbs water and stays dry for a long time which prevents damaging food and getting too much moisture in dishes.
Fox Run cons:
- It is vulnerable to sudden movements and tough materials.
Prodyne 805B Thick Beechwood Cheese Slicer
|Material||stainless steel, wood, plastic|
|Type||cheese slicer kit|
This cheese slicer stands out as one of the most practical kitchen utensils with a slicing board. Prodyne positions this product as the best cheese cutter as it is made from high-quality stainless steel. Judging from customers’ reviews, who have already tested the product, the cheese slicer really produces thin pieces that can be used for a variety of cooking purposes. However, the mechanism is hard to adjust, which makes the process a bit complicated for newbies. Moreover, the quality of the wire is poor since it seems to stretch after every usage. Cutting slices is quite a challenging task since you should push it too hard to get ideal pieces.
Slicing board is the main advantage of this device. It is easy to clean, convenient and hard to damage. If you push it too hard, it does not break down. Finally, lifetime warranty serves as one more advantage that might convince the client to buy this product.
Prodyne 805B pros:
- The board is easily cleaned, so you won’t have to fiddle about for a long time with cleaning.
- The slicing board is protected from damage with the help of a special cover.
- Lifetime warranty is provided by the manufacturer, which keeps you safe from extra costs.
Prodyne 805B cons:
- The device requires you to push hard in order to get thin slices.
- Since the board is made from wood, it is highly breakable and not durable.
OXO 1071567 Wire Cheese Slicer
|Material||stainless steel, plastic|
|Type||one-hand cheese slicer|
This cheese slicer is more compact compared to the previous two ones. It comes with a convenient handle and can be easily placed in the cupboard due to its small size. This adjustable cheese slicer can be taken outdoors when you go out for a barbecue with friends and relatives. Cheese slice wire is made from high-quality stainless steel that can produce thin pieces. You don’t need to push hard as the wire is sharp enough to cut any type of cheese.
The main advantage of this product is its size. People who go out often would call it to be the best cheese slicer. High-quality wire also makes it stand out from the rest of the products on the market.
OXO 1071567 pros:
- The cheese slicer is adjustable, which means you can easily change the wire when you need it.
- It is compact, so this product will definitely come in handy when you go out with your friends for a weekend.
- The handle is slip-resistant, so you won’t get hurt or injured.
OXO 1071567 cons:
- The absence of a cheese slicing board makes it non-competitive compared to other items in our list.
- The size of cheese pieces cannot be adjusted, which is inconvenient for big parties.
- The cheese slicer is not dishwasher safe, which means it is suitable only for handwashing.
Westmark Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wire Cheese Slicer
|Material||stainless steel, aluminium|
|Type||one-hand cheese slicer|
Westmark is considered to be one of the most reliable manufacturers producing high-quality kitchen utensils. This heavy cheese cutter has an adjustable cheese slicer that can be used to fix thickness. In such away, you can regulate the size of slices to prepare the best sandwiches for your party! The producer made an effort to make innovation to design and create a more convenient product for the user. However, only a small share of customers noticed and appreciated this effort. Judging from Amazon reviews, the majority of buyers consider old design to be more fruitful.
The cheese wire is really of high quality since it is made from stainless steel. This material protects the devices from corrosion and chemical damages. The tightness of the wire is also really good. If you push too hard, it does not get broken. The five-year warranty comes as an advantage. In case the cheese slicer gets damaged, you can count on money return.
- A five-year warranty protects you from financial losses and low-quality products.
- Tight steel wire is not vulnerable to damages.
- The product is dishwasher safe, so you won’t need to spend lots of time for manual washing.
- Smooth steel roller allows cutting slices that best fit your preferences.
- The handle is adjustable, but it is quite difficult to manage.
Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
|Material||stainless steel, zinc alloy|
|Type||one-hand cheese slicer|
A renowned manufacturer Bellemain has been producing kitchen utensils for the last several years. Their primary goal behind this collection was to create a line of devices that would come with high quality and elegant design. This cheese shaver perfectly complements Bellemain collection of German kitchen utensils. The cheese cutter wire is highly adjustable since it allows cutting pieces of different sizes and maintains consistency with each of them. Starting with slices of 3.5 inches and ending up with thin ones, you can adjust the handle to your needs.
High-quality is what differentiates this cheese slicer from its competitors. The cheese slicer wire is produced using stainless steel, which is a great benefit for buyers. The handle is made from zinc alloy, which makes the device a bit heavy. Its stout construction might make it inconvenient to cut thin slices of cheese.
A one-year warranty protects customers from unexpected damages. If your device accidentally breaks down, you can be sure to get a financial return or a quality substitution. Furthermore, a replacement wire can be changed to a new one when it is worn out.
Bellemain Adjustable pros:
- Replacement wire is really convenient and makes the device more durable.
- The wire has three levels of thickness, which means you can easily cut slices of various sizes.
- One-year warranty contributes to customer security and protects you from financial expenses.
Bellemain Adjustable cons:
- Since the handle is produced using aluminum, the handle is really heavy and makes the device difficult to manage.
Boska Holland Monaco Collection Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer
The cheese shaver produced by Bosko Holland differs much from its competitors with a simplistic design. Although this device looks pretty simple at first sight, it has a surprising twist! It makes the product one of the best cheese slicers for domestic usage.
The device is really of high-quality since it is produced by Boska Holland, which is well known for user-friendly kitchen utensils. Holland is the region with the most delicious cheese types. Being in the industry since the 20th century, the manufacturer knows how to make cheese slicers effective and modern.
The thin blade is sharp and easy to use. It is built into the handle in the best possible way. You can cut cheese slices without difficulty and store them conveniently on the plate. The absence of the wire makes the device easy to wash and maintain. You don’t need to adjust parts when you cut cheese pieces. At the same time, you can’t adjust the thickness of slices, which might be problematic to some buyers.
You don’t have to fiddle around with washing. Just place the cheese slicer in your washing machine and enjoy your party! Albeit the slicer was designed for hard and semi-hard cheese types, the buyers claim it produces excellent soft pieces. A 10-year warranty comes as an icing on the cake. So, you feel fully protected from all accidents, defects, and inefficiencies.
Boska Holland Monaco Collection pros:
- A stainless steel blade and handle makes the device more durable compared to its main competitors.
- 10-year warranty is an advantage since you shouldn’t worry about accidental damages.
- The device is dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to worry about washing.
- It has no wire, which makes it convenient in use.
Boska Holland Monaco Collection cons:
- Due to the absence of wire, you have no possibility to regulate the thickness of cheese slices.
- With Boska Holland cheese slicer, you can cut only middle-size and small pieces. If you need bigger ones, you’d better choose another device.
KitchenAid Cheese Slicer
|Material||stainless steel, high-quality plastic|
|Type||one-hand cheese slicer|
KitchenAid has been on the market for more than 10 years, which means the producer could learn on its ups and downs. The manufacturer produces high-quality kitchen appliances for a long time and provides customers with user-friendly utensils. The devices have an incorporated stainless wire that allows cutting thin cheese slices. It means the product is protected from rust and damages. However, a plastic handle makes is vulnerable to damages, so you should be careful in usage. Furthermore, the absence of a cheese cutting board might make it inconvenient to use the device outdoors.
If you are not satisfied with the quality of a cheese slicer, you can benefit from one-year free replacement policy and get a quality substitution at no extra cost. A limited lifetime warranty contributes to better customer protection. Moreover, the cheese cutter does not need much effort to operate, which means you can produce slices quickly and efficiently.
KitchenAid Cheese Slicer pros:
- The incorporated stainless wire helps to produce thin cheese slices.
- You don’t need to put much effort to manage the device
- One-year replacement policy provides you with better customer security.
KitchenAid Cheese Slicer cons:
- The plastic handle can be easily broken or damaged.
- The wire needs maintenance as you need constantly adjust it to cut the pieces of a particular size.
Cheese Slicer Buyers Guide
Cutting cheese might seem to be a piece of cake at first sight. Nevertheless, if you deep dive into details and try it yourself, you will find out that producing equal thin slices is not that easy. Selecting the right device is the primary step if you want to succeed in this process. An electric cheese slicer is suitable only for semi-hard cheese types. If you enjoy softer cheese, you’d better buy wire slicer that can be adjusted to produce pieces of various sizes. You can also change the blades to slice crumbly cheese.
A cheese slicer is a kitchen appliance that is used to produce equal pieces. If it comes with a handle, you can just take it, make a little effort, slice a piece and repeat the same process several times. The slices will be stored conveniently on the plate. When the cheese cutter comes with a cheese cutting board, you can place cheese on it.
The cheese slicers come in two types: dishwasher safe and the ones that require manual washing. The devices with sharp wires and blades must not be placed into the dishwasher since they will damage your kitchen appliances. Thus, you should wash these parts separately.
Remove the wire and the arm from the cheese slicer. Take the old wire from the device and threw it out into the bin. Slide the arm back and put the new wire into the slicer. Loop the end wire into the marble and tighten it hard. Once it is replaced, check the wire is fixed and does not move in the handle.