Cooking is one of the activities enjoyed by most people. When you get down to preparing your dinner or lunch, it is always good to have convenient and quality kitchenware that will make this process more joyful. As an artist needs the best brush, a real fan of cooking needs the best carbon steel pan to create masterpieces that will impress every guest!
Even if you are not a chef or even dislike cooking, having quality pan is paramount. Equipped with all the appliances, it is much easier to have your delicious meal done quickly. To assist you with this task, we provide you with the TOP 5 carbon steel pan reviews to help you choose the best product on the market!
Matfer Bourgeat Black Steel Round Frying Pan
|Size (diameter)||10 inches|
Matfer brand is already known for its high-quality cookware that is beloved by users around the world. Bourgeat Black Steel Round Frying Pan is an example of a pre-seasoned product that is suitable for cooking meals in any conditions starting from a spacious kitchen and ending up with a campsite. This carbon steel cookware is perfect for cooking at low and very high temperatures. Regardless of whether you are going to have a steak for dinner or seafood, the product is versatile enough to make it delicious.
One of the primary benefits of Matfer Bourgeat Black Steel Round Frying Pan is its quality. All the items are manufactured in the USA and comply with all the international standards. Judging from clients’ reviews on Amazon and a few other resources, the producer promises and really provides good value for money. Another advantage of this carbon steel frying pan is that the handle is conducive and adjustable, so you can fix it to your height and needs.
- High-quality 12 carbon steel metal makes the cookware more durable.
- US-based manufacturing serves as a guarantee for high quality.
- This carbon steel frying pan easily handles both low and high temperatures, which helps you to cook even the most complicated dishes.
- Regardless of your location, you can order this frying pan as the producer provides delivery to any part of the world.
- An adjustable handle allows you to fix the pan to your needs.
- The product might be too heavy for some users.
De Buyer Mineral B Frying Pan
|Size (diameter)||10.2 inches|
|Steel thickness||2.5-3 mm.|
De Buyer is another manufacturer known for high-quality kitchenware. Since the 20th century, the company has been delivering products to the best restaurants and organizations around the world. Its new De Buyer Mineral B Frying Pan is considered to be the best carbon steel skillet on the market. Being made from 99% pure iron, this steel frying pan impresses its user with durability and ease of use. Moreover, if you want to get the product that will serve you for years, you have bumped into the right cookware. De Buyer was one of the first manufacturers to discover the unique qualities of beeswax that protect the pan from oxidation. With such coverage, you can be sure to get a high-quality product.
If you usually have difficulties with fixing details and maneuvering the pan, with De Buyer you can get rid of all the issues. An additional handle comes as a skillet to the steel cooking pan, which makes the process even more joyful. Furthermore, customers, who have already tried the product, claim that nothing sticks to the pan’s surface.
At the same time, De Buyer Mineral B Frying Pan is still not the perfect pan to buy since it has several drawbacks. In particular, rust is the main enemy of all steel cookware products. You should follow the recommendations provided by the manufacturer to avoid this problem. Additionally, the idea of providing an extra handle to allow greater flexibility is excellent. Nonetheless, it requires additional improvement. Both handles are epoxy-coated, which means they cannot be put into the oven.
- High-quality 90% iron material ensures that you get a quality product.
- An additional handle is provided to allow greater flexibility, which means that you can adjust all parts to your needs.
- Dishes do not stick to the pan.
- The product is vulnerable to rust, so you should stick to all the recommendation to avoid such issues.
- The handle cannot bear high temperatures, which means you should mind it while preparing a meal in the oven.
Lodge CRS10 Carbon Steel Skillet
|Size (diameter)||10 inches|
|Steel thickness||3 mm.|
Carbon steel has become more popular in recent years due to its weight and features. This material allows producing elegant carbon steel cookware that is capable of bearing both low and high temperatures. The steel skillet goes together with factory pre-seasoning that is meant to avid rust and keeps the pan in good condition for a long time. In most cases, this procedure is beneficial and contributes to the product’s durability. Lodge provides pre-seasoning, but judging from customers’ reviews, it does not always go with decent quality. Buyers claim that users should be careful with the product while washing to avoid damages.
One of the primary benefits provided by the manufacturer is the ease of use. This steel cooking pan is convenient since it is light and flexible. The handle is adjustable, so you can fix it as you want. Nevertheless, users claim that the handle levels up very quickly, which makes cooking inconvenient. You should continuously fix the parts and adjust them to gain some stability.
The versatility is also ranked rather poorly. Unless you cook in the oven or have a good adjustable gas stone, you have a risk of getting your meal burnt out. This steel skillet does not work well on low temperatures, so you will have to wait long until your pan gets heat up.
- The product is light and elegant, so you won’t have major problems while maneuvering and managing the pan.
- This steel frypan has an adjustable handle that can be fixed as you need.
- Factory pre-seasoning is provided to avoid rust.
- Pre-seasoning is provided at low quality, so you should be very careful while washing your pan.
- The handle quickly levels up, which might be very irritating when you cook complicated dishes.
- If you frequently cook at low temperatures, you’d better choose another item. The carbon steel cooking pan performs better at high temperatures.
Winco French Style Fry Pan
|Size (diameter)||7-12 inches|
|Steel thickness||2,5 mm.|
While composing the list of the best frying pans, we could not but mention this product. On Amazon, there are dozens of buyers raving about the product and we were interested in their motivation. Indeed, this steel frypan is super light and suitable for daily usage. If you were searching for a one-size-fits-all solution, you bumped into the right item. The pan’s design suits equally well for cooking both deserts and main courses, which means you can prepare dinner for all your family having just Winco Pan in your kitchen!
The quality is pleasantly surprising. The product is made from high-quality steel, so it is quite durable and rough. Although the handle is reverted, it does not goes off or levels up. You can manage the pan as you wish and enjoy the cooking process to the fullest. The carbon steel skillet goes without pre-seasoning, so you should do it yourself. While some users might view it as a disadvantage, others prefer doing it themselves. You should follow all the instructions and perform the process as the manufacturer describes it. Otherwise, you might spoil the surface, and your products might get sticked to the pan.
- High-quality material prolongs the lifespan of the product.
- The carbon steel pan is very light compared to its rivals.
- You can cook both desserts, side dishes and main courses with this skillet.
- Pre-seasoning have to be done by the buyer, which might be a bit of a hassle.
- The pan might be too small for the use in restaurants or other corporate purposes.
De Buyer Carbon Steel Frying Pan
|Size (diameter)||7-15,7 inches|
|Steel thickness||2 mm.|
One more representative of De Buyer is featured on our list. The company has an extensive product range, which allows it to target a broad audience. You can also look at carbon steel pots in their online store if you want to complement your kitchenware with elegant and useful products.
The primary advantage of this pan, which is highlighted almost by every user, is maneuverability. This carbon steel cookware can be easily managed even when you operate with one hand. It allows you to bring food from the pan to the plate easily. The factory pre-seasoning also comes at high quality. If you value your time and effort, you would definitely be glad to hear that your dishes won’t get burned even at high temperatures.
The minor drawback is the diameter of the cookware, which is 10.2 inches. Such a size might seem inconvenient to some users. On the one hand, this feature restricts buyers in flexibility as you cannot cook for a big group of people. Thus, when you have to host your relatives on all the holidays, you’d better opt for another model. On the other hand, such a steel cooking pan is convenient in usage since it is light and easy to maneuver.
- User-friendly design allows you to cook quickly and conveniently.
- Easy to the season, so you do not have to allocate much time and effort to this process.
- A reliable manufacturer which provides return policy.
- The product is made of high-quality material that contributes to its durability.
- Might seem overly small and thin for people, who cook for a big number of people.
Carbon Steel Pan Buyer’s Guide
There are two major ways to season your new pan: with the help of an oven or stovetop. We recommend using an oven as it may help you to season your cookware faster and easier. First, you should heat your pan to 400 degrees and put your new pan into it. After 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and wait until it gets cooler. Pour oil on the pan and put it again into the oven and leave it there for an hour. As a result of this procedure, your cookware gets seasoned.
When you’ve just bought cookware, it looks perfectly well and makes your cooking more joyful. Until you keep your carbon steel pan far from soap and water, it remains appealing. However, even the most durable device is vulnerable to rust. When it loses its initial look, you have two options here: to throw it away or re-season it to prolong its lifespan.
Since the second alternative looks more appealing to most buyers, let’s discover how you can improve the state of your carbon steel pan. Follow four steps to get your cookware to look great again:
– poor water into your pan;
– heat the pan until all the water evaporates from it;
– sprinkle the cookware with a mixture of salt and oil on;
– rinse the pan with hot water.
There is a common misconception that washing a carbon steel pan is a pain. Nevertheless, you just need to follow a set of simple rules to prolong the lifespan of your cookware. In particular:
– steer clear of soap, rough materials, and harsh chemicals;
– when your pan is dry, sprinkle it with oil;
– wash your carbon steel pan in slightly warm water;
– keep your cookware in the dry and cool place.
Rust is the primary enemy of all the steel cookware. Therefore, you should stick to the producer’s recommendations to keep your pan functional for a long time. Do not wash your pan with soap as it can damage the coverage and factory seasoning. Furthermore, dry pan thoroughly and make sure you keep it in the cool place. In this environment, rust is unlikely to be formed.