Anyone looking for a relatively big electric skillet will be happy with what Cuisinart CSK-250 has to bring to the table. The 14 by 14 inch cooking surface is big enough for the preparation of a family-sized meal. In addition, this electric skillet is equipped with a couple of other cool and practical functionalities.
Cuisinart CSK-250 GreenGourmet electric skillet is powered by a 1,800-watt motor and it can reach a temperature of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The adjustable temperature dial makes it relatively easy to select the optimal food preparation temperature.
A stainless steel body and non-stick coating add to the toughness and the practical appeal of the electric skillet. Cuisinart CSK-250 can be used to prepare a wide range of meals and none of the ingredients will stick to the bottom of the appliance.
There are a few additional noteworthy characteristics like petroleum-free and ceramic-based interior, a tempered glass lid with a handle, two side handles made of stainless steel, dishwasher-safe body and construction that’s coordinated with North American Electrical Standards.
The skillet measures 7.28 by 17.17 by 18.2 inches and its weight is 11 pounds.
The big size of the skillet is one of its biggest advantages. Such an appliance is perfect for a bigger family because it can hold sufficient quantities of ingredients and because of the food preparation versatility. A few other benefits are also worth mentioning:
- A recipe book is provided: if you’re making your first steps in the world of homemade meals, you’ll be glad to find out that Cuisinart has included a recipe booklet in the product kit. The instructions are easy to follow, helping you acquaint yourself with some great meals and techniques.
- Dishwasher safe: Cuisinart CSK-250 is dishwasher safe and very easy to keep in great condition. The non-stick interior keeps ingredients from getting burned and stuck to the surface, which simplifies the cleaning process even further.
- Excellent heat distribution: all Cuisinart electric skillets are known for the even heat distribution. As a result, all ingredients will be cooked thoroughly and all the way through.
- Temperature control dial and indicator light: the temperature control dial can be used to select the optimal cooking temperature for the meal you have in mind. Once the temperature has been reached, the light indicator will get turned on.
- Glass lid: if you like to keep an eye on the food while it’s getting cooked, you’ll like the glass lid. You can observe the food preparation process without taking the lid off.
- Very tough and long-lived: the body of the electric skillet is made of tough stainless steel. The product has a solid construction and it’s meant for heavy duty use. Even if you cook meals in the electric skillet on a daily basis, you’ll still get to enjoy it for years to come.
- Long-lived non-stick coating: apart from being made of quality stainless steel, the electric skillet also features long-lived non-stick coating. It’s not going to get cracked and it’s not going to start peeling off because of intense skillet use.
A Few Shortcomings
We need to mention a couple of product shortcomings to make the review comprehensive and unbiased:
- Side handles made of stainless steel: the skillet’s side handles are made of stainless steel, which means that they’ll get heated during the cooking process. An insulating material would have been a better pick.
- Small vent hole: some buyers complained about the vent hole on the glass lid being too small to be practical. Steam accumulates in the top part of the skillet and eventually starts dripping from underneath the lid.
Cuisinart CSK-250 is a high quality electric skillet for large families and people that like to cook bigger meals for friends and loved ones. The skillet is very easy to use and its versatility enables the preparation of a vast range of meals.
Most importantly, Cuisinart CSK-250 is made of high quality materials. These guarantee the toughness and the usability of the skillet. Cuisinart CSK-250 is designed for long-term use and even if you rely on the skillet every single day, you’re not going to see signs of wear and tear. The product comes with an excellent price to quality ratio and it’s definitely worth considering.